Golgappa is a street food loved by one and all Also known as pani-puri or puchka .fill them with any flavored water or tamarind chutney ,sweet chutney Or puri ka pani (khatta pani) they create a party on your Plate. They are filled with a spicy potato and topped with Spicy flavored sour water.
Cooking Time: 30 -35 min
- Whole wheat flour 1 cup.
- Fine sooji ½ cup.
- Salt ½ tsp.
- Warm water for kneading the dough.
- Oil for frying.
Instructions: (Method of preparation)
- Mix whole wheat flour ,sooji and salt in a bowl.
- Add warm water and knead it to make dough of medium soft texture.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and keep aside for 15 min.
- After 15 min knead a dough once again for a min and divide into four equal parts.
- Make the small balls from the dough.
- In slightly floured surface roll they dough ball to make a thin circle.
- Using a cookie cutter cut the circle into small 4-5 cm circle.
- Heat a oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot , reduce the heat to medium.
- Put the puri into the hot oil and fry them until they puff up and become golden brown.
- Gently press the puries with the ladle it will help to puff them up.
- Flip the puri and fry from other side as well.
- Fry all the puries in same manner.
- Remove the puries from the pan and put into the plate.
- Cool them and store in an airtight container.