Chilled Aam Panna is a most important traditional Indian summer drink made with green mango. It is a natural drink loaded with vitamins and minerals also used as remedy in sunstroke. It will refresh our mind and body in this scorching summer which to cause discoloration due to heat. Green Mango panna is easy to prepare with raw mangoes, mint, sugar and few spices at home.
Ingredients : “Aam Panna or Raw Mango Panha”
Mango – 4 (Approx 600 grams)
Sugar – 3/4 cup (300 grams)
Mint leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
Black salt – 3 teaspoon
Black pepper – 10-13
Soaked fennel – 2 teaspoon
Ginger baton- 1/2 inch
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Method of preparation:
- Wash & peel out mangoes
- Cut off the pulp.
- Boil 2 cup of water in a vessel and add mango pulp until it becomes tender.
- Add black pepper corns and ginger, Cover it.
- Cook it for 6-7 mins.
- Mango pulp get softer and let the pulp cool down for a while.
- Place the pulp in a mixture jar along with sugar and fennel (Sauf) seeds. Finely grind everything.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer (Chalni).
- Discard the thread and fiber of mango on the strainer (Chalni).
- Add 5 cups of water to it.
- Take mint leaves and a cup of water in a mixture jar. ponder them a little.
- Now add this mint water mixture followed by black salt, cardamom powder and roasted cumin powder. Mix everything really well.
- Mango panna is now ready.
- Chilled it and serve it.
Take a glass and pour mango panna into it then add 2-3 ice cubes.
Garnish it with mint leave.